Need help streamlining automation or configuration management?
Need to green field or “lift and shift” applications into the cloud?
If you are trying to do any of these, and running into issues please contact me. I am now open to consulting directly. Fixing even a few small inefficiencies can have a huge impact on the bottom line. Not only that, if the DevOps philosophies are really taken up, its likely that the employee base will also be happier, and proud of their accomplishments as a team.
As far as technologies I support, please take a look at my Technologies page. (Updated often) I am also happy to take on new ones for a project if needed.
Creating an efficient pipeline is what I do; and a fully functional system that is working well can be an amazing thing.
I have made it…. the move is complete! I just wanted to say thank you for everyone that has been waiting on me. I know I have taken a while on a few things, and I am finally in a position to run with everything again. I finally have a decent internet connection [330mbps/330mbps]; so I will also be able to host things at high speed for us now as well.
As far as the installer goes, I hope to be done very soon with it ; I am putting my final touches on it for the Pixel desktop. If I get time I might be able to get Bluetoothworking! However, I have to get caught up first.
For those waiting on hardware, most has been shipped with a few exceptions. I have notified those people. I have a true ‘shop’ area again, and this will allow me to be much more efficient. Meaning shorter wait times/etc…
First, I would like to say thank you to the community members for helping out. I have gotten a lot of input on the new image. This has also given me better feel for what the community wanted in an image. Which leads me to the next bit of news.
Some of you are undoubtedly wondering why I have not released my Jasper v1.6 image as of yet. Well, I can assure you there are very good reasons.
Firstly, I have had some severe family/health issues come up as of late which take priority. I am also in the middle of moving a family of 5. Combine that with the other reasons below, and I feel that most will feel the wait to be worth it.
This leads me to the next bit of news, however shocking it may be.
There will be no version 1.6 image.
There will be no image at all…
Instead, there will be a full installer.
This is one of the reasons for the delay.
The installer will work with a full GUI, and on the desktop.
Full ubuntu Install.
Fresh RPI install with GUI.
The installer will be iterated on by feature going forward.
We can add community approved features one at a time.